What is Home Health?
Home Health is a service, ordered by a physician, in which the patient can receive rehabilitative services within the comfort of their own home or place of residence. These services include: skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social work, and certified nursing assistance with activities of daily living.
Once ordered by the patient’s physician, a licensed RN will visit the patient to assess their rehabilitative needs, work with them to develop a plan of care, and help them identify treatment goals. An interdisciplinary team of health care professionals will then work together to help the patient achieve those goals.
HOME HEALTH ELIGIBILITY
Patients are eligible for home health services if they are home-bound, need rehabilitative services, and have an order from a physician.
During the initial evaluation from the patient’s home health nurse, their home-bound status will be assessed. Patients are likely considered home-bound if they rarely leave home due to their medical symptoms or if their medical symptoms make it impossible to leave home without assistance.
COST OF HOME HEALTH SERVICES
Home Health services are covered 100% by Medicare, Medicaid, and many private insurance companies with no co-pay. Suncrest Home Health will handle the billing of your primary insurance provider for you.
• Improvement in muscle strength, balance, and assistance with fall prevention
• Reduce muscle and/or joint pain or discomfort
• Assistance to manage an unstable or fluctuating pulse or blood pressure
• Treatment of a wound
• Managing blood sugars
• Receive B12 injection at home
• Assistance with catheter care
• Assistance, instruction, and education about medications
• Assistance in diagnosing and treating depression
• Instruction on how to better utilize a wheel chair or walker
• Be more independent with bathing, dressing, and other personal cares
• Difficulty swallowing
• Difficulty with memory issues